Tipperary 1916 – 2016 Rising Commemoration Fund for Communities In Tipperary.
Tipperary County Council Heritage Office has announced a new grants scheme to encourage public participation in the commemorations of the 1916 Rising. Closing Date For Applications is August 18th 2015.
Guidelines and Criteria
Download Application from Michael Lowry Website: HERE
Criteria for Funding:
This grant scheme is open to community and voluntary groups/organisations planning to organise a project/event to commemorate the 1916 Rising.
To be eligible for funding projects/events must:
- take place within or relate to the functional area of Tipperary County Council
- be organised by a community or voluntary group based in Tipperary
- be organised at community level and will either encourage or benefit participation in the commemoration of 1916
- be in keeping with at least one of the five themes of the National Plan for Ireland 2016
- be accessible to diverse audiences and participants and will be inclusive in theme and approach
- enhance the knowledge of the history of the 1916 Rising in a local area/community
- be designed on a realistic financial basis and provide good value for money
In addition the following details must also be supplied
- The anticipated target audience
- A breakdown of costs for undertaking the project
- Any additional supports and funding that may be required and have been secured
Items that are excluded from the fund include:
- Capital projects and infrastructural projects
- Spends on alcoholic beverages, food, fines, legal costs, penalty payments
- The cost of items for resale are ineligible
Particulars of Funding:
- Grant amounts up to a maximum of €1000 will be allocated for the purpose of this scheme.
- It is anticipated that additional funds will be made available later this year/early 2016 and details will be announced when available.)
- It is hoped that a small number of county wide projects will be considered subject to resources and any group that has an interest or proposal for this type of project should register their interest by 18 August 2015.
- All events and projects will be assessed on their own merit by an assessment panel
- Funding will be allocated based on the recommendations of this panel.
- Successful applicants will receive a letter of offer which will detail all conditions and requirements, this must be signed and returned by the date specified, failure to do so may result in funding being withdrawn and reallocated to another project.
- Due to resource constraints it may not be possible to allocate funding to all projects
- A list of successful projects will be published on the Tipperary County Council website.
How to apply:
Download Application: HERE
Please complete and sign the attached application form. Applications can be submitted by post to
Any queries can be directed to Mary Quigley on 0761 06 5000
The closing date is Tuesday 18 August @ 5 pm Download Application Here